This weekend we will be updating our email infrastructure. From 5:00 am UTC +8 on Saturday, June 17 to 5:00 am UTC +8 on Monday, June 19 there could be a delay in any emails sent to email@example.com. If you have an urgent support request during this time, please copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email to ensure that it is received promptly.
This morning OpenApply experienced unexpected downtime from 10:50 – 11:20AM (GMT+8) and again from 18:58 – 20:00 (GMT+8). Our database experienced an unexpected spike of requests. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. We have identified the root cause and will post a post-mortem report here shortly.
The updated status management interface was deployed on Saturday, May 6!
All current status histories will remain unchanged, but you will find an orange icon next to students whose status histories you may want to review. For advice on updating status histories, please refer to the tutorial on our Online Support Centre. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Our team is standing by 24 hours a day to assist!
On April 28-29 2017 we held our first admissions conference in the Middle East and sixth overall at the International School of London Qatar. We were thrilled to welcome over 55 participants representing 32 schools.
- All presentations have been uploaded in PDF format to the online schedule. Please feel free to review!
Updates & Improvements
Next week we will release a new interface for managing statuses on the Applicant Profile in OpenApply.
The new interface provides both an updated design as well as improvements to popular features. With the new interface you’ll find:
- Improved applicant status histories – Statuses will be tied to an enrolment year and status histories and effective dates can be edited after they are set, leading to cleaner, more accurate status histories.
- More reliable analytics – Accurate status histories lead to better analytics. Statuses cannot be duplicated within an enrolment year, making analytics clearer and more reliable.
- Easier to use – A simpler workflow to move applicants from enquiry to enrolment to departure reduces mistakes.
- More flexible – You can choose to disable automated status notification emails on an individual basis, better accommodating for special circumstances.
- Tutorials: You can find updated tutorials on using the new status interface on our Online Support Center.
Subscribe to OpenApply blog! Stay up to date with new and upcoming releases by subscribing to our blog. Enter your email address on the right navigation panel to subscribe.
Announcing the March edition of the International Admissions Bulletin: Admissions at the Leadership Table
“I have always had admissions on my leadership team. There is no way you can understand the bigger picture without listening to what Admissions has to say.”
Our March issue focuses on the theme of leadership at the admissions table, and features:
- Interviews with two Executive Directors on the key role of admissions
- Tips & strategies from experienced admissions professionals
- A personal narrative and tips from a student ambassador
- A roundtable on the best strategies for re-enrolment season
- Professional development opportunities, book recommendations, international school news
OpenApply is honoured to publish the International Admissions Bulletin as part of our ongoing commitment to providing robust professional development opportunities to international school admissions staff.
To request a physical copy, please .
Multiple Enquiries per Family: If your school has the ‘Registration of Interest’ form enabled, parents can now submit enquiries for each child individually. This improves the accuracy of tracking incoming enquiries and reporting conversion numbers. For more information, click here.