Terms, Policies & AgreementsThese terms & policies explain our legal relationship with you.
“Subscriber” refers to a school or institution which has a primary account with the Service. “Member” refers to an authorized individual user of the Service, with an account under a primary account held by a Subscriber.
Commitment to Privacy
Information Gathering and Usage:
- When you register with the Service, we ask for information such as your name, school, and email address. A billing address and credit card information will be required for paying primary account holders; Subscribers who sign up for the free trial account are not required to enter a credit card or billing address.
- We use collected information for the following general purposes: provision of our services, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- If a child is under the age of 13, a parent or legal guardian MUST consent to the child’s use of the Service, as provided for in the Terms of Service. Any personal information identified with the student (such as: email address, first and last name, etc.) that we collect will be subject to the additional COPPA Compliance Policy, available at: https://www.openapply.com/terms/coppa-disclosure.
- We will not provide personal information to third parties.
- By using their student account, a student and/or parent has the ability to send personal information (such as: first and last name, email address, and parents’ names) to their teacher with a teacher account, and to other students. This is done on a voluntary basis, and that information will not be provided to any third parties by us.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to a web browser from a web site’s computers and stored on a user’s computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Service.
Client Data Storage:
The Service has industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all Subscribers’ and Members’ information. Although we own the data storage, databases and all rights to the Service’s software, individual Subscribers and Members retain all rights to their data and we will never sell or share their personal data with any third parties. We respect the privacy of our Subscribers and Members, and the privacy of their data.
- We will disclose information relating to or received from our Subscribers and Members, in the following circumstances.
We may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your ManageBac primary account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions & Contact Information
Hong Kong Office
Room 904, Dominion Centre
43-59 Queen’s Road East
Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR
Taipei Branch Office
2/F, No. 3, Lane 27
Section 4, Ren'Ai Road
Da'an District, Taipei 106
318 W. Adams Street, Floor 16
Chicago, Illinois 60606